Louisville's Premier Riverport
Providing full port services to the Ohio River systems
- Terminal services to the Louisville Metropolitan area and the Ohio River system.
- Fast and efficient access to domestic and world markets
- Intermodal transportation transfer: Rail, Truck and Barge
- Bulk Commodity Terminal Services (Coal, Grain, Fertilizer, Potash etc..)
- Coal Terminal Services and ground storage
- On-Site Warehousing Services
Located on the Ohio River at mile 618, just 16 miles downstream of the Louisville riverfront.
Port facilities include the bulk commodity transfer terminal, barge fleeting area, ground storage, 13 miles of on-site and offsite railroad track, and a general cargo dock.
The transfer terminal is designed to handle more than four million tons of dry bulk commodities a year working at the rate of 2,000 tons an hour. An entire 120-car train can be off-loaded in an eight-hour shift.
Located at Mile 618, The Port of Louisville is 1,334 miles from the gulf of Mexico, a transit time of 10 to 12 days.